Friday 31 July 2009

CONFUSION

big chill nights

The marquees for the Coop Bar and The Big Chill Nights Bar are up. The Big Chill Nights Bar is big. I imagine suggesting to someone late on in the evening that we meet in a bar with that long a name. I would become confused (more so than normally). I would confuse the someone. "Blue," I would try and he would search for me in the blue marquee that shows films of rotting cars.
I may be wrong about the cars. My informant was a young security guard. I am confused frequently by explanations offered by the young. The Resident Teenager tells me to get a hearing aid. I reply that I can hear well enough, that the language is different. In my youth, you traveled abroad to hear different languages. Nowadays you merely attempt conversation with someone of a different generation...

No comments:

Post a Comment